Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Enjoy Smoothies

I do not like fruit. I know it's good for you, but I just don't like it.

Last year my son and daughter-in-law introduced me to Smoothies. YUM. Finally a way I could eat fruit. But who could drive out to the smoothie store each day?

My daughter showed me the secret to making them. YUM again. But I soon tired of dragging the blender out of the cabinet and washing it out after I'd finished.

Enter the Magic Bullet!!! I got one for my birthday and now I have a fruit smoothie every day for breakfast.

Here's the way I do it:

I chop 1/2 banana in first. It can be fresh or frozen (Banana skins turn brown in the freezer but the fruit inside doesn't. If I use a frozen banana I just take the peeling off with a knife and chop it frozen into the container.)

Add any frozen fruit to fill the container about 2/3 full. The key is frozen. It doesn't matter if you add one fruit or 4 different ones. My favorites are peaches, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I honestly haven't ventured beyond these four.



Almost cover the fruit with Vanilla Soymilk - my personal favorite is Soy Slender.



Let the Magic Bullet do its magic (pun intended):



Put on the little "to go" top and voila!



Fruit I can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop