Saturday, July 5, 2008

Summer Snaps 40

I've photographed fireworks before at Children's Harbor, but have really wanted to find a way to get them reflecting in water. Where I was positioned I could only see the fireworks - no water. So, my sweet hubby drove me to the Jordan Dam fireworks show last night. We'd heard it was great and there was certainly water. We knew hundreds of people rode their boats to view it, but I didn't see a way to get a good long exposure on a rocking boat, so we tried to find a place to setup on the shore line -- to no avail. The fireworks were set off too close to the shore, and it was too overgrown to get the shots I had envisioned. I think it would have been beautiful if I'd been on the other side of the river. The dark edge on the left of each picture is foliage. If any readers of this post know a good location for photographing fireworks reflecting in water in the River Region, please shoot me an email!








On the way to Jordan Dam, we passed a brush fire. I already had my camera set to take fireworks photos, so the shutter was open too long to get a sharp shot on the way past. I told my husband I didn't get the shot. But when I saw them on the computer screen, there was something I liked about the colors and blurriness. I remember a little quote (don't remember who or where) that went something like, "One blurry image is a mistake; several blurry images is a style." So, I uploaded two images so it would be a style.



 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop