Thursday, September 30, 2010

So Hard to Say "No"

I am (thankfully) booked to full capacity this fall. Still, it has been so hard to say "no" to people who are calling and emailing wanting information on portrait sessions. Last week I got an email from a young mother who wanted a newborn session with her son. He was already four weeks old - well past the optimum time of 7-10 days - so I really thought I might have to turn her away.

As the Lord would have it, we finally got some much-needed rain on Sunday. This led to an afternoon outdoor portrait session being rescheduled and me being able to work in this handsome young gentleman!



We may not have gotten any of those little sleepy pictures, but I certainly love what we did capture.




And I got to meet his beautiful mom...



...and equally beautiful "Mimi."



I am so glad that things worked out like they did. It turned into a delightful session - just so much fun for me! I cannot help but feel blessed when I look at these pictures... blessed that I couldn't say "no," blessed to have the opportunity to meet such wonderful women, blessed to have had rain, and blessed that much of the day was enjoyed with my own family.

Thank you, Mom & Mimi (and to Mom's sweet co-worker who encouraged them to call!). Your gallery will be released later this evening.

And to all you expectant ladies out there, please call as far in advance as possible with your due date. We can pencil in some dates so you won't be turned away. I don't think people realize how far in advance good photographers are booked for weddings and portrait sessions. I am currently booking into June of 2011. There are still open dates in February, March and May but they are filling up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop