Friday, November 26, 2010

Gaston-Stuart Wedding

I do not know words to express how much it means to me when a former student comes back into my life through photography. I am very aware that I keep my feelings well hidden, so few of my students realize how much I have really loved them and have been blessed by knowing/teaching them. So, when sweet Meredith sent me an email (from China, no less) and asked if I could photograph her wedding I was SO honored and happy. YES, YES, YES I could photograph her wedding!!!




Meredith and Rush both attended Auburn, but didn't meet there. They actually met on the mission field in China! Their sweet Chinese friends gave them an umbrella and a fan that are important parts of a traditional Chinese wedding. The phoenix represents the lady and the dragon represents the man. The color red symbolizes blessings and harmony. The fan says, "The lady is like a flower; the gentleman should marry her." The man carries the umbrella for the lady and the lady carries the fan.




The beautiful celebration of their marriage took place at First Baptist Church in Montgomery - one of my favorite locations for weddings!





After a short trolley ride they arrived at the Alley Station Ballroom which turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL place for a reception!





Thank you, thank you, Rush & Meredith for allowing me to capture these special memories for you. Your gallery is uploading tonight.

I will have to give credit to all the wonderful vendors who participated in making this such a beautiful occasion in a later post. Our family is celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend. I will be back to editing and updating on Monday.

Many, many thanks to Diana Bunch and Jeri Gulsby for second shooting & assisting. I could not have done this without their help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop