Saturday, September 3, 2011

Enjoy Family {Montgomery, AL Family Portraits}

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was to photograph a family session recently for a long-time friend. The only thing that bothers me is that after almost 30 years of friendship she still looks so young and beautiful. I am certainly very jealous.



I do love animal stories with happy endings. Sweet Gracie -- rescued from the streets in Prattville -- was a bit camera shy. She is fearful of almost everything and everybody but her "mom" and "dad."



Mom and I discussed photoshopping out the scars from her former life. We both agreed we should not. They are part of who she is - part of her story - a very real reminder of how far she has come as a result of being rescued and loved.



Skeeter has no scars, but she is also a rescue. She just confirmed my determination to get a lab one day. So beautiful and calm. So hard to believe that she would ever need to be rescued.



I really hope this blog post will encourage many of us with adult children to consider having an updated family photograph of our "new" family. As I edited these images I realized what an inspired idea that is!

Thank you, Cheri & Chuck, for the opportunity to spend time with your family. Your entire gallery is uploading and will be available to view later this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop