Saturday, February 12, 2011

Enjoy Pink

Many years ago -- seems like so few -- when my dad died and my mom sold the house, I found a good supply of depression glass packed away. I immediately fell in love with it and have spent many hours perusing antique stores trying to complete several partial sets.



I loved these little pink cups and berry bowls, but had difficulty finding any matching pieces. My daughter - being the artist that she is - had the idea to finish the set with any dishes that had pink flowers in them ... but each plate had to be unique. We went to several antique stores in Montgomery on our quest.



I pulled in this little bowl from my maternal grandmother...



...and this little dish from my mother-in-law that I'm sure was made as a vanity tray.



And now it is a family tradition to use this set each February. And I do love them.



Mainly because they remind me of special time spent with my sweet daughter.

Life brings simple pleasures to us every day. It is up to us to make them wonderful memories. -Cathy Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop