Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Grand Ole Experiment

I will be at the Grand Ole Pumpkin Patch in Clanton this Saturday, October 16th from 9:00ish til noonish. And this is going to be a Grand Ole Experiment because I’ve never attempted mini-sessions without designated and reserved time slots before!

Here’s my disclaimer: My primary reason for going is that I have never been with my grandchildren when they went … and they go every year … without me! While I want to devote some time to photographing them and watching them participate in the activities, I would enjoy including some faithful clients and new friends in a few photos, too.

So, here’s the deal:

1. No reserved time slots. You’ll just have to hunt me down. I will have my cell with me (334.324.9533) but it wasn’t getting great reception when I went by there recently. I know I will be at the petting zoo around 9:30. I will tweet my locations throughout the morning IF I have cell-phone reception.

2. I can devote more time to you when my grandchildren are not there. I’ll try to give you an idea of when they’re planning to come later in the week. They are not riding with me and will not be there as long as I plan to be. And I would never have you come there and then leave you un-photographed.

3. If it’s not an overcast day the sun will be harsh.

4. Expect fun, action shots of the children enjoying the activities rather than more formally posed captures. However, there are certainly some places we can do a few family shots.

5. Absolutely no charge for the “session.” Since I’ve never photographed in this location before I will be learning what to do and plan for next year.

6. Photographs will be posted in an online gallery. I’m going to upload them all into the same gallery and give each child/family a separate folder. Prints may be ordered via the gallery. No minimum print order required. Password will be emailed to those who participate. Be sure to register to view the gallery so I will have your email address. Pre-register (before images are uploaded) and you’ll receive a $5.00 gift credit. Gallery link:

http://www.pictage.com/931736

Gallery will be online in approx. 5-7 days.

5. No rain date available.

I’ve tried to think of everything you might need to know. If I didn’t answer a particular question please email me and I’ll add the info to the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop