Sunday, January 9, 2011

Enjoy Color

Like many other photographers, one of my 2011 goals is to take a photo a day. When I did this for 60 days one summer it really improved my knowledge of my camera and my ability to see and think more creatively. I wasn't sure it would be possible to follow through on this goal after my surprise surgery the week before Christmas, but I somewhat blundered into a photo on Jan. 1st.

Then I prepared this gorgeous and delicious Baked Panzanella Caprese on Jan. 2nd after watching Giada De Laurentis prepare it on her Food Network Show (recipe):



How could I not photograph that!!

At this point I was in too far to stop -- especially when I saw all the posts on FB from other photographers who were going for 365!

Unable to return to portrait photography yet post surgery, I pulled out my macro lens and left it on the camera all week. I've been wanting to do some color-on-color images since seeing some gorgeous ones on big banners in Publix last year. That became the theme of the first week of "Challenge 365."



As I was setting up these photographs and noticing how difficult it is to find purely monochromatic items, I started noticing how God put colors together ... the pink and yellow in the grapefruit, the yellow and purple of the iris, etc. I'm thinking I'll probably come back to a theme that will focus more on colors from His handiwork in another week.

Not sure yet what this week's theme will be. Perhaps the winter weather predicted for our area will bring some interesting opportunities! Praying everyone stays safe and warm! Praying for all the emergency and health-care professionals who will have to work in the bad weather. And praying for the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop