Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Snaps 31

This summer, I came across a type of photography called "Through the Viewfinder." Basically, you use your digital SLR with a macro lens and take a photo through the viewfinder of a vintage twin lens camera. I loved the artsy feel of the photographs so immediately purchased an old Kodak Duaflex IV Camera on Ebay. It came today so I ran out in the backyard to experiment. My first attempts at TtV photography:




I'll have to practice some to get the color and focus I want on these images. Guess my Summer Snaps will be filled with my practice shots for a while! And I already have a bid in on a second vintage twin lens camera on Ebay. Every camera will give a little different effect because of the unique dust and scratches on the old lens.
 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop