Thursday, September 24, 2009

Enjoy Bees

I love bees! They are so important to the well-being of our planet that I allow them to roam freely around our flowers and bore holes in our wood :) I've been chasing them around since I became interested in photography and have never gotten stung. They pretty much ignore me. I got up from the dinner table Sunday when I saw a few frolicking among the butterfly bushes and had a great time recording their busyness.

This first set was edited in Lightroom with Nik's Color Efex Pro using the Contrast Color Range and Vignette Blur filters. For the Vignette Blur I centered the blur on the bee and also used a control point to remove the effect form the bee.








The second set was edited in Lightroom using Color Efex Pro's User Defined BiColor Filter. For the top color I clicked in the Butterfly Bush bloom, for the bottom I clicked in the bee, blend was set to 63% and vertical shift to 47%:






They were all taken with the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro set on Aperture Priority mode, f/3.2, ISO 800.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop