Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pet Portraits

Yes, January was scheduled to be Pet Portrait month ... and yes, a newsletter with all the details was scheduled to go out early in the month ... but life takes us in other directions sometimes. It reminds me that the Bible says we should never state our plans like we have control of them, but all of our plans should be qualified with "if the Lord wills." (James 4:15) Between upper respiratory infections and family needs the pet portrait month has come and gone without pet portraits. I will try again later this year ... if the Lord wills.

This is my 13-year old cat ... probably closer to 14 by now. He was a stray so I can't be certain. He wandered into our backyard when he was a small kitten. He was covered in blisters, dehydrated and hungry. He was terrified of humans, but loved other cats so he followed one of my daughter's cats into the house before he realized what he was doing. He was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back." After I rescued him my otherwise very sweet husband told me if I took in another stray animal he was leaving me! So, this black-and-white cat is the only one I have left. The others have died. But I still have my hubby :)



This is my neighbor's cat who likes to visit occasionally.



 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop