Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Enjoy Kittens | Elmore County Humane Shelter

These precious kittens are available for adoption at the Elmore County Humane Shelter in Wetumpka.

In this first pen I could hardly get their pictures. They all crawled up my blue jeans and curled up in my lap purring and begging for attention. Two of them ended up on my shoulders nuzzling my head.









These were in another pen and were just as sweet. Two females:





And a male:



Please tell me you can't resist these beautiful blue eyes on this pretty little girl:



Or this fluffy sweetness of this little girl:





These pretty black and white females were found on Main Street:







And I saved the best for last. I heard this little kitty above all the rest. My first thoughts were that it would never be adopted because it was so loud and obnoxious. The minute I walked into the pen it pounced on me. But it didn't take me long to discover that it was the most affectionate one in the whole bunch. It was just desperate for attention. I've never heard so much purring and experienced so much rubbing. After I finished the pictures I just sat down with them and loved them for a long time. I hope some of you out there will be inspired to pass the love along. Let people know what beautiful and loving animals can be found at the Humane Shelters.





The Elmore County Humane Shelter is running low on good cat/kitten dry food. If you live in that area please pick up an extra bag or two the next time you go shopping and drop it by.

1 comment:

Anna said...

i LOVE it that you're doing this!!! please, pretty please take me next time! i promise i won't adopt an animal...i promise. ;)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop