Monday, May 4, 2009

Thistle Patch

"Good day, everybody. If it is a good day. ... Which I doubt. ...Welcome to my little thistle patch." -- Eeyore's Thistle Patch by A. A. Milne

I don't have a copy of Eeyore's Thistle Patch in my complete Pooh collection, so I really can't verify this quote. But, I found it on the internet, so it must be true, right?

Anyway, I love thistle. I know that's weird, but I guess it's deep in my Eeyore nature. It's magical. I love the white seeds flying everywhere and the purple blooms. I used to play with it when I was a little girl while I was waiting on the school bus to pick me up on spring mornings. So, I couldn't resist grabbing a few shots of this thistle patch when I was scouting a location for upcoming Bridal portraits. I'd forgotten about them until I opened up a folder of images from the same day to begin editing some senior portraits. I just had to take a short break and post a few. There may be another Eeyore in the world who sees the beauty in thistle. If so, may your gloomy soul be lifted by thistle viewed as art rather than weeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop