Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jones-Pincumbe Wedding

The images from the Jones-Pincumbe wedding will be uploading to the online gallery tonight. So, here's a sneak peek of what they'll be viewing over the week-end!







And it's captures like this that make me love wedding photography. ah...what a priceless moment preserved for Rachel and her dad!













Isn't this a fun moment!




And here's a good example of why I tell my brides that one photographer for two venues is not a good idea. My wonderful second photographer, Lori Mercer, left shortly after the ceremony to head to the reception venue while my sweet assistant, Jeri, and I stayed to do the full wedding party and full family pictures we couldn't get before the wedding. Right after Rachel and Nick left the church we had one of the worst thunderstorms I can ever remember. It was the one that resulted in the home on Pike Road being struck by lighting and catching fire. It all hit before Jeri and I could pack up the equipment and get in the car and we were caught at the church. I seriously thought it was a tornado because the winds kept blowing open locked church doors! It wasn't raining that badly at the reception venue (you know how those localized storms go!) so it went on as planned. If the Jones had not opted for a second photographer there would not have been anyone present to get these next images.




Jeri and I got there just in time to catch the cutting of the cakes and finish the reception.







One of the highlights of the reception was a serenade for the groom by the bride and her friends to "You Don't Own Me."




Wynlakes Country Club did their usual excellent job of hosting the reception:



(I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those cucumber-shrimp things!)

And Mary Sanders of Mary Me Events has another happy bride:



Thank you Dan & Pat and Rachel & Nick for this opportunity to be a part of your family on such an important day. Your gallery will be online soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop