Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Enjoy Photography

I went to Sturdivant Hall in Selma today for a very special portrait appointment and stayed to take in all the history and details of this beautiful mansion. I was fascinated with two old photo albums from the late 1800's or early 1900's (I believe). I couldn't help but wonder about the photographers as well as the people they had captured and notice the posing and lighting.




It was very small ... the prints were a little larger than our wallet-sized prints.





This one had been hand-painted:





I wondered if one day people would be looking through my albums wondering about me and the people I had photographed.




Having recently completed Kathryn Stockett's book, The Help, I found this one particularly interesting. (This book is a MUST READ!!)



Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man. ~Edward Steichen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop